Greek Team Challenge
May 27th, 2014 – May 31st, 2014
With a Kick Start Presentation on May 18th, 2014 at Milam Auditorium, featuring well known author and public speaker Will Keim
Welcome everyone to the KidSpirit and Girls on the Run Greek Team Challenge. We are very excited to partner with the sororities and fraternities here at Oregon State University. The Greek Community continuously aims to give back to charities around the state and now they have the opportunity to give back locally here in Corvallis. These young women and men are ideal role models throughout Corvallis and exemplify leadership, social responsibility and the best qualities of character. Together they provide a service to others, an aspect that OSU Greek life strives for.
What is KidSpirit and Girls on the Run:
- Oregon State’s first summer sports program started during the summer of 1961.
- The program now “KidSpirit” has sports, arts, science, and other activities not just in the summer but all year long.
- In 2008, Girls on the Run started with 26 girls and 1 school.
- By 2012, we had 329 girls at 22 schools. It is projected that by 2016 we will serve 1152 girls at 77 different schools.
- Our current growth rate is 56% per year.
Greek Team Challenge Format:
- One sorority and one fraternity are paired together as one team
- Each team has two team captains (one sorority member and one fraternity member)
- Each team’s goal is to raise the most money as well as have the greatest participation in each 8 fundraisers
- Apparel Sales (starting April 28th through May 5th)
- Active.com Donation link (starting May 18th through May 31st)
- Papa’s Pizza (May 27th)
- Buffalo Wild Wings (May 28th)
- Coin Drive (May 28th through May 29th)
- Qdoba (May 29th)
- Miss Representation documentary screening (May 30th at Milam – for tickets go to https://secure.touchnet.net/C20159_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=1190)
- Girls on the Run 5K Race (May 31st)