Greek Team Challenge
Thank you to the OSU Greek Community for raising over $9,700 for Girls on the Run and volunteering at our 2013 5K Celebration!
Welcome everyone to the KidSpirit and Girls on the Run Greek Team Challenge. We are so excited to team up with the sororities and fraternities here at Oregon State University. The Greek Community is all about giving back and now they have the opportunity to give back locally. These young woman and men are ideal role models throughout Corvallis and exemplify leadership, social responsibility, and the best qualities of character. Together they provide a service to others which has always been an important part of Greek Life’s mission.
What is KidSpirit and Girls on the Run:
- Oregon State’s first summer sports program started during the summer of 1961.
- The program now “KidSpirit” has sports, arts, science, and other activities not just in the summer but all year long.
- In 2008, Girls on the Run started with 26 girls and 1 school.
- By 2012, we had 329 girls at 22 schools. It is projected that by 2016 we will serve 1152 girls at 77 different schools.
- Our current growth rate is 56% per year.
Greek Team Challenge Format:
- Each house has a minimum of 4 representatives.
- As a team (sorority and fraternity) you’ll raise a minimum of $1,152.
- The money we raise will go towards scholarships and shoes for the children.
- Shoes alone cost $10,000.
- We require a $25 up front to be eligible for a scholarship.
- 40% of all girls are in need of a scholarship, averaging out to 6 girls a team.
- Treadmill Team Challenge
- T-Shirt Sign-Ups
- Penny Drive
- Mom’s Weekend Silent Auction